Tuesday, May 9, 2017

REVIEW and CHARACTER INTERVIEW of Mika Jolie's THE BOY FRIEND




Title: The Boy Friend
Author: Mika Jolie
Date of Publication: April 25, 2017

SYNOPSIS



According to the law of attraction, women and men can't be friends.
Contrary to this myth, my friendship with Coriander Phillips does not rest on unrequited love or un-actualized lust. We've been inseparable since the day I pulled one of her pigtails and she punched me in the gut.
She's hilarious, fun to hang out with. Together, we're like peanut butter and jelly, spaghetti and meatballs, wings and beer. A match made in heaven.
She's the bomb.
Did I mention she's smokin' hot? I've checked her out…maybe once or twice. Hey, I'm a guy.
Seriously, no awkwardness, no secret yearning for our relationship to escalate beyond the purely platonic. I'm the boy friend—the loyal shoulder she cries on, the dispenser of coffee, sympathy, hugs, advice, and affection with no expectations.
Until the invisible line between friends and lovers became blurry.
Now I want more. I want her.
All I have to do is convince her we can be more than friends.
Right?
If only it were that easy.

REVIEW


[Anita]
In Patti's Imagination Rating: 8/10
Amazon Rating: 4/5

Dean.... First let me start with saying that I loved the end of the book. I loved the happily ever after that finally came for Cori. She is an amazingly sweet and fun woman. She is a fantastic friend and a bright spot for everyone. 

Having said that, the reason behind the 4* which is pretty high, is that I was struggling through this book. There was Dean, the playboy, the boy friend. He was oblivious to his heart's decision to love one woman. He kept his body and his heart separate. While this is okay for the first part of the book, later on, when they kissed? That's when Dean fell a little in my eyes. 

While I found this book to be worth it in the third section of the book, I struggled while I got to that part. 

This book definitely plays with your heartstrings. It snagged my attention and I couldn't wait to see the end. I knew Dean would mess up, and I was right. There won't be tissues needed but you will need all the nerves and patience you have to get through this book without screaming at Dean at the top of your lungs. (which I couldn't do with kids just a foot away sleeping). 

Happy reading!!


BOOK TRAILER




CHARACTER INTERVIEW

with Dean Conrad Morello of The Boy Friend

Do you consider yourself part of a couple, or are you still playing the field?
Dean: At this moment in my life, I’m part of a couple. (pauses) Hopefully for a lifetime.

What do you think people always assume about you that is wrong?
Dean: That I’m an arrogant cocky SOB. Okay that’s not entirely false.

To whom are you closest?
Dean: This is a tricky question. There’s Lucas and Cam, those guys are my brothers from another. But then there’s Coriander. She’s my human diary. With her, I can be vulnerable. It’s kind of scary.

Where are you most at home?
Dean: Definitely with Cori.

What is your most cherished memory to date?
Dean: (Smiles) There are so many. I can’t really pick one. Funny thing, most of them involve Coriander. Many are included in The Boy Friend.

Describe a typical Friday night - who is there, what are you doing?
Dean: Every Friday night Cori and I meet at the only restaurant in town. It’s a non-date, date kind of thing. We BS, have a few drinks, then go our merry way. It’s great.

When you need to unwind, what's your activity of choice?
Dean: Sex. A game of basketball is a distant second.

What is your favorite drink?
Dean: Scotch. Neat.

Who is your favorite band/singer?
Dean: I’m a big fan of Dean Martin. As for current music, Mumford & Sons is always on my playlist.

What is the one thing you've always wanted that you don't yet have?
Dean: Good question. Well, I wanted the girl and I got the girl. Life is good.

BUY LINKS


AUTHOR BIO



Mika Jolie lives in New Jersey with her Happy Chaos—her husband and their energizer bunnies. A sports fanatic and a wine aficionado, she's determined to balance it all and still write about life experiences and matters of the heart. Let's face it, people are complicated and love can be messy. When she's not weaving life and romance into evocative tales, you can find her on a hiking adventure, apple picking, or whatever her three men can conjure up.
She loves to hear from readers. Connect with Mika on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads and Amazon.

AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS




Other titles by Mika Jolie:

All of Mika’s novels are standalone and can be read out of order
Poison and Wine Series
Somewhere to Begin
Martha's Way Series
The Scale
Need You Now
Tattooed Hearts
Wrapped in Red


Hosted by:


No comments:

Post a Comment