Thursday, January 12, 2017

Review SF Benson RELEASE

Displaying Release-high.JPG

Title: Release
Series: The Alliance Chronicles
Author: SF Benson
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopia, Thriller, Romance
Publication Date: January 12, 2017

Synopsis:
Years before the United States collapses and the New Order takes over, Asher Jones is a teenager living in Taylor, Michigan. Turmoil rocks the country. Citizens are dismayed. But for Asher, his only concern is the girl next door.

His world is perfect until the night his family is brutally killed. Asher struggles to make sense of his life. Drugs and alcohol become his constant companions and land him in jail. Now he’s at a crossroad—clean up his act or continue down the path of self-destruction. Every choice, however, comes with a consequence.

When a kid from the right side of the tracks veers left, how does he find his way back?

To Order:

Amazon 

REVIEW:
[Flora]
Amazon/GoodReads rating: 5/5
In Patti's Imagination rating: 10/10

Asher Jones is such a diverse character.  He could be called a tragic figure, but I don't feel he is tragic in any way.  His life was filled with hurdles and hardship and true horror and yet he seems to have became stronger.  Don't get me wrong he did have many mistakes.  He also had blind loyalty to his brother and family, strong, intense and intriguing.  Can this young impressionable boy turn into a hero? Even with all the secrets, lies and danger, can he still shine?  It does also include a snip-it of the prior book - picking up at the end of book two that continues the saga of Tru and the Alliance.  For the fans this is a nice bonus and was just a promise of the next action packed story to follow.  I can not wait.
This book is told from Asher's point of view and the author does a wonderful job of getting into the head of a teenage boy.  There is tragedy, violence and strong language in this book, but they are needed to stay true to the characters and the setting of this scary world.  It has humor and romance.  It has it all packed into this novella, yet it is not cluttered in any way.  This series has strong men and women characters and great heroes who fight for freedom and a better world.   
After reading this novella, I now feel he is one of my favorite characters I have read about in a long time.  In the past book, I can say I thought of Asher as a butt-head, but now I see him and what shaped him. This could be read as a stand alone book, but the end would be a spoiler if you read them out of order.  I would recommend this fast paced, action packed book to strong young readers. I really am enjoying this series and would recommend it to reluctant readers over the age of ten as well.    

EXCERPT:

Displaying Release Excerpt Dated.jpg


AUTHOR BIO:


Displaying author pic.jpg

Hi! I’m SF Benson!

I love answering the question “what if” by writing young adult and new adult Dystopian/science fiction and paranormal stories. I’ve always wanted to be a writer, but I took a few varied paths to get to this point—blogger/reviewer, customer service representative, receptionist, marketing assistant, cashier, veterinary assistant, editorial assistant… I like to think that those positions provided ‘food’ for my creative brain.

When I’m not devouring countless books, I’m taking care of my family, which includes a few furry members. At one point in my adult life, I had a household which included three Samoyeds, saltwater fish, a hamster, and three guinea pigs.


Currently, I reside in Georgia, but have lived in Michigan and California. My ideal location would be Michigan with southern California weather for Spring, Summer, and Winter. Nothing beats Fall in Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment