Saturday, January 3, 2015

REVIEW: Away by B.A. Wolfe



Away

The Keaton Series Book 1
 By B.A. Wolfe
Release Date: December 6, 2013
Publisher: B.A. Wolfe

Synopsis


What good is running AWAY when you only end up lost?

Cassandra Pierce had her whole "perfect" life planned out by her parents. One night of pure weakness and lust has her running away from it all and seeking refuge in Alamosa with her best friend. But it seems life has other plans for her when she finds herself lost in the small town of Keaton.

Jason Bradley is a charming country guy. He lives a simple life that’s nothing like what Cassandra is used to. A single moment in life changed everything he thought he once knew, leaving him with a broken heart and an unplanned future.

What happens in Keaton is nothing Cassandra or her heart could have ever prepared for. The instant connection she shares with Jason is no secret, but what they're keeping hidden from one another is. Will these two be able to find a way to trust each other or will their secrets tear them apart?



Review


[Leanne]
Amazon/Goodreads rating: 4.5/5
In Patti's Imagination rating: 8.5/10

The concept of a "perfect" girl running away from her "perfect" life completely sucked me in and had me looking forward to reading this book, from the Synopsis on. 

What would you do if your "perfect" world crumbled right under your nose? What if you placed all the blame on your shoulders? What if a stranger showed up and put you back together, in a way that felt better than before?

These questions completely sum up what happens to Cassandra in Away. She's running from the mess she's made...away from her parents. Away from her perfect life. She's running to her best friend, who's going to help her figure out how to fix the utter mess she's in. Only, fate had something else in store for her.

When fate unexpectedly brings Cassandra and Jason together, it leads us through a whirlwind of new experiences and emotions for both of them.

I loved Jason's attitude throughout the book. I loved how he and his family taught Cassandra that her life wasn't a mess, it just wasn't up to her parents expectations....and that it was perfectly fine that way.

I laughed and I cried. Boy did I cry. Not pretty little tears either. Full-on, sobbing, snotty nose, ugly cried!!! I was gutted. BUT!! I am completely looking forward to reading book two, Stay, which thankfully for me, (now that I can form a coherent thought to write the review), is already released.

This book is a 4.5 star read for me. I had only minor issues with parts of the book, but they were my internal issues with parts of the story. It's well-written and flows great. An enjoyable read (even with the gutting it handed me!). I definitely recommend this book to those who love emotional stories. Green light...green light all the way!!





Buy Links


Amazon  


Excerpt


The light turned green but he didn't move forward.  He kept his foot on the brake and turned his head in my direction, wearing a grin that was spread at least six inches wide. 

"Do I want to know why that smile is plastered on your face and you aren't driving even though we have a green light?"

He turned his head in either direction.  "No one is behind us.  Is it making you nervous that I'm not driving when the light is green?" he asked playfully.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, it is making me anxious...normal people don't sit at a green light Jase," I told him, staring right back at him, eyes locked on his.  "Well, are we going to drive or just sit here and stare at each other?"

He didn't reply.  He put the truck in park and slowly turned his body toward the door and grabbed the handle.  He stepped out of his truck, making his way to my side and stopping.  I raised my hands, wanting to know why on earth he got out of his truck in the middle of a light.  He opened my door and stood there smiling, holding out his hand for me to take.

"What are you doing?" I hesitated.

"You need to learn how to relax and let go.  Cassie, you are way too uptight, Sweetheart."




Author Bio and Links



B.A. Wolfe is a girl with a passion for reading and writing, and lives in the good old state of Colorado with her husband (her biggest cheerleader), and her two crazy min pin fur babies. These days, her life is anything but calm, and there isn't one thing she'd want to change. B.A. spends all her free time either furiously typing stories on her laptop or happily reading through her endless TBR on her Kindle. Her list of favorites would be long enough to fill a book, but most would likely fall under the romance category. She's a sucker for a good love story that makes her cry, and an amazing book boyfriend who will melt her heart.

Books by B.A. Wolfe

The Keaton Series
Away – Book One
Stay – Book Two
 

Author Contact Info

Amazon   Goodreads   Website  
Email: author.bawolfe@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment