Friday, December 13, 2013

As promised, an Only One teaser...or three

Did I say I'd post some Only One teasers? I did? Oh, right. Well, between editing Only One, editing Laurie's next book (Redemption Road, Book 4 in the Jackson Falls Series), living life and trying to finish my marketing class, it has been a bit hectic. You know, that Christmas thing. We bought a new home entertainment system for ourselves for Christmas (tired of sharing the TV with two small people). It's already set up in our living room. Which meant that last week, we moved the old one down to the family room. And then today, I had to organize in my office/storage space so that we can use the desks in there for gift wrapping. Which was great, given that it needed doing. Especially since I'm hosting book club this coming week, when they will be discussing *gulp* my book, Back to December! Not nervous. Nope. Not at all. Really. Okay, I'm lying. But I'll post the discussion questions in the next day or so.

Anyway, with all that stuff, I hadn't had a chance to post an Only One teaser that I knew had been fully vetted by my kick-ass editor. So, without further ado, here's the first one....

Jenna met his eyes, but it was too intense, what she saw there. She was too afraid. The look he gave her, it inspired hope, and she couldn't have that. This was temporary. She tried to look away, to close her eyes, but he wouldn't let her.
Don't. I want to see you. I want to watch you come apart for me so I can think about that every night.”
Jenna whimpered as he slowly drove her insane again. He was so good at this, had shown her heaven so many times. And his eyes, they said so much. They said the three little words that simultaneously terrified and elated her. But she did as he asked. She gave herself to him one more time, eyes open, and said a silent prayer to a God she didn't much believe in that the big L word might finally come her way when he returned in six months.

And here's the second....

She walked off the plane with trepidation. Her heart began to race in anticipation and she was trying not to have an anxiety attack. What if he didn't want her anymore? What if that electrical connection, that chemical explosion between them before, had been a fluke? What if the emotional intensity had fizzled? What if she'd imagined it all?

And the third...

Since when don't you hump anything that moves?” Mary Cate said, laughing hysterically.
Hey, I've never been that bad!” Liam grumbled.
Oh yeah? I recall a time about a year after you joined the Agency when you had a different girl every time I talked to you and half of them were nameless because you couldn't remember what they'd told you.”
Liam blushed. “Okay, for a little while I was that bad. I haven't done that in years! Not since before I started working at Deacon.”
No, you just fuck a handful of girls. Including the one you slept with tonight. You did sleep with her, right?”
Only his sister, and maybe Rob, could be so blunt with him and not royally piss him off. “Yes, I slept with her, but I didn't enjoy it.”
She laughed again. “You're a man. You enjoyed it.”


No comments:

Post a Comment