Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Back to December snippet

“What's on your mind?” he asked. She had gotten quiet, lost in her thoughts, and some of what was crossing her conscious brain must have passed her face.

“I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.”
 “Why do you say that?” He looked confused.

“You just can't be this great. How is it possible that you're this great?”

He raised his eyebrows. “I guess I don't know what you mean.”

“We're having a real conversation. About work. And it's interesting. To me, at least. I guess I can't speak for you, but I know that I'm enjoying it. You waited for me to eat. You sat down and rubbed my feet as soon as I got here. You've been nothing but sweet to me. You surprised me with lunch. You took all my stress away this morning and then made me feel like I was the greatest girl in the world when I returned the favor earlier. If it wasn't for the insanity that is your security team, I'd be hard pressed to find a single thing wrong with you.”

He shook his head slightly. “And all that is...bad?”

“No! I didn't say it was bad. It's just...mind boggling. How is it that I traveled halfway across the country to pursue the ultimate career opportunity and ended up meeting someone so...”

“Perfect?” She looked at him oddly, mostly because he was right. “I wasn't tooting my own horn. That's how I feel about you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment